The mission of the Lanesboro Farmers Market is:
- To support sustainable agriculture, the family farm and consumption of locally grown and produced food
- To provide local farmers and growers with a well organized and promoted marketplace.
- To provide Lanesboro area residents and others access to a wide variety of local, "2000 miles fresher" food and farm products
- To strengthen relationships between family farms and the community of Lanesboro
- To develop the local food economy by promoting the growth of direct marketing
- To provide a structure for communication between farmers, growers and consumers
- To provide a limited marketplace for crafts or other non-edible products which are made or produced by vendors and substantially derived from vendors' farm products
- To encourage the public to visit, shop and eat in Lanesboro
The dedicated local farmers and growers of the Lanesboro Farmer's Market strive to offer you healthy, nutritious food with lots of flavor.
Our farmers and growers have joined together to offer the best in locally produced eggs, honey and maple syrup, fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs,dried goods, bedding plants and perennials, wonderful preserves,pickles and relishes, homegrown popcorn, homemade soaps, tasty baked goods and much more.
We are located at Sylvan Park in Lanesboro, MN from Saturdays from May through October 9 a.m. - noon.
Here are the special event days for the 2016 season:
May 7th: Market opener
June 4th: Rhubarb fest
June 19: Art in the Park
July 23th: Kids Day
August 6th: Buffalo Bill Days
Sept. 24: Customer Appreciation
Oct. 29: Oktoberfest, Final Market of the season
We hope to see you there!