Please note that our office will be closed on January 18, 2021.
Two positions are available, one focused in the street an the other focused in the park.
Maintenance Worker Position
The City of Lanesboro is accepting applications for two full-time Maintenance Worker positions for Street and Park. This position performs or assists in a wide variety of maintenance and repair functions including street repair, snow plowing, tree maintenance, along with routine building and ground maintenance and minor repair and maintenance of equipment. Please see the job description for a comprehensive list of the essential job functions and preferred qualifications. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with occasional hours outside the normal work hours as necessary. Salary range is $16.20 to $22.66 based on experience. Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 202 Parkway Avenue South or e-mail email@example.com to receive an electronic copy. Applications are due by 3:00, Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
Maintenance Worker Job Description
City of Lanesboro
Maintenance Worker– Full Time
Primary Objective of Position
To perform various types of semi-skilled and skilled work and operate equipment involved in the repair and maintenance to the Park, Street, and Public Utilities Departments.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Receives work direction from Supervisor; keeps Supervisor informed of any pertinent matters.
- Mow grass, using a riding and push mowers, and trims trees and weeds in assigned areas.
- Does some raking or cleaning out of leaves where needed.
- Maintains mowers through sharpening blades, changing oil and greasing, and washing/cleaning.
- Maintains and cleans public restrooms; including but not limited to, bathhouse, Community Center and Visitor Center.
- Performs janitorial services at the Community Center Building.
- Spray and maintain plants throughout City.
- Remove Garbage from Receptacles throughout the City.
- Performs maintenance on items such as picnic tables, benches, picnic shelters, park restrooms and the gazebo. Moves picnic tables and benches to their proper places.
- Assists in maintaining camping areas of Sylvan Campground and Riverview Campground.
- Assists in repairs and maintenance of the city’s streets, right-of-ways, storm sewer system, sidewalks, and equipment.
- Assists with snow removal: Snow plowing and sanding, hauling ice control rock and snow.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Regular, reliable attendance during scheduled work hours and outside regular hours as necessary.
- Responsible to work overtime, shift changes, or be on call as necessary or assigned.
- Adheres to safety rules and procedures, work rules and city policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
Examples of Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of methods, tools and equipment used in public works maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward job assignments and tasks to be performed.
- Is conscientious in the maintenance and operation of equipment.
- Shows initiative in recommending methods to improve safety, efficiency, and quality on the job.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license
- Valid Class B driver’s license, or ability to obtain within six months.
- Additional street and/or utility maintenance, construction or farming experience including the use of associated equipment
- Experience working in a municipal public works department
- Training/education in maintenance, machinery, mechanics or related field
- History of safe work habits and clean driving record
Equipment / Job Location
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Duties performed are typically outside, and, therefore, subject to climatic extremes.
Conditions of Employment
- Must comply with organizational and department policies
- Must possess a valid Class B driver’s license