Lanesboro Ambulance Notice
Published date: 04-03-2020
During these uncertain times related to the COVID-19 pandemic, emergency medical services (EMS) and first responders remain committed to providing the best care to those in need within our community. While we prepare and train for all emergencies, no plan can anticipate all possible variables, and the COVID-19 pandemic poses unique challenges in the way we deliver care.
Please be aware that we have adopted some additional guidelines designed to protect the health and safety of our providers, patients and the general public:
- When arriving to a patient’s residence, a single team member will first evaluate and assess the individual prior to others assisting. This evaluation will include screening questions relating to COVID-19 symptoms.
- Emergent care and resuscitations cannot be done by providers until wearing their prescribed PPE. This may result in brief necessary delays when the team arrives as they prepare to provide care while remaining safe.
- Respiratory procedures increase the risk of exposure. As a result, we will be limiting our airway interventions when possible.
- All patients will be masked and required to keep their mask on during their transport.
- At the request of hospitals during the pandemic, family is not allowed to accompany the patient. It is suggested that family members provide a contact phone number for the hospital to follow up.
- If the patient is ultimately dismissed from the emergency department, they will require someone to pick them up.
Thank you in advance for supporting our EMS and public safety partners. Please understand that in order to continue to provide care to our community, we must take these precautions with our EMS providers and first responders.
Deane Benson, Director
Published date: 04-21-2020
The LPU commission voted in favor of extending the protections of the Cold Weather Rule by restricting disconnection of residential customers for non-payment of utility bills for the duration of the national security or peacetime emergency.
Waiver of late fees for any residential or small business customer due to the economic circumstances related to coronavirus pandemic are considered. Please call the office to make arrangements. (Please note: No late were fees were charged to any customers in March or April.)
We are able to arrange payment plans for customers requesting help during this time based on the financial resources and circumstances of the customer.
Stay Safe & Healthy